Recipe: Delectable Kimchi Fried Rice
Kimchi Fried Rice. Kimchi fried rice (Kimchi Bokkeumbap, 김치 볶음밥) is a type of Korean fried rice and it is predominantly cooked with kimchi (obviously!) To give it more texture and flavor a variety of meat. Kimchi fried rice or kimchi-bokkeum-bap (김치볶음밥) is a variety of bokkeum-bap ("fried rice"), a popular dish in South Korea. Kimchi fried rice is made primarily with kimchi and rice, along with other available ingredients, such as diced vegetables or meats like spam.
Kimchi fried rice is an authentic Korean dish that's delicious and easy to whip up. As long as you have kimchi and one or two other Korean essentials, you can find everything else you need to make the. Not the high-heat stir-fry you might expect, Grace Lee's home-style fried-rice recipe uses a simple technique — make an easy, flavorful kimchi sauce. Nowdays, you should can have Kimchi Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you make that.
Ingredients of Kimchi Fried Rice
- You need 3/4 cup of kimchi (chopped).
- You need 1/3 of juice of kimchi.
- It’s 3 cups of cooked short-grain rice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of korean gochujang sauce.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of soysauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 of scallion (chopped).
- It’s 2 of eggs (fried or sunnyside up).
Top it with fried eggs for something extra! I remember the first I ever encountered kimchi. Kimchi fried rice (kimchi bokkeumbap, 김치볶음밥) is a humble Korean dish made basically with kimchi and leftover rice. Since Korean homes almost always have these two staples, kimchi fried.
Kimchi Fried Rice instructions
- Drizzle the sesame oil on the rice and stir to break up any big clumps..
- Whisk the kimchi juice, gochujang and soy sauce together until the gochujang is completely dissolved..
- Put the olive oil in a frying pan and heat over medium high heat until hot. Add the chopped kimchi and stir fry until the kimchi is starting to brown and is very fragrant..
- Add the rice and and stir-fry, pressing down on any clumps until the rice is uniform in color..
- Pour the kimchi juice mixture over the rice, and turn up the heat to high. Stir-fry, tossing the rice until the rice starts to brown, and doesn't stick together quite as much..
- Taste and adjust to desired flavor, and top with the sunny-side up/fried egg and garnish with the chopped scallions, and it is ready to be served, enjoy..
Kimchi Fried Rice, or Kimchi Bokkeumbap (볶음밥), is a simple, delicious fried rice recipe that's made with mature kimchi, rice, and just a handful of other ingredients. Kimchi Fried Rice or Kimchi Bokkeumbap (김치볶음밥) is the perfect one-dish meal anytime but especially if you don't feel like cooking or need that something to hit the spot! This Kimchi Fried rice is tangy, spicy, and the perfect way to use up all the leftover ingredients and Not only did I pack this Kimchi Fried Rice with leftover rice and vegetables from my fridge, but I even. Green onion, hot pepper paste, kim, kimchi, rice, sesame oil, sesame seeds, vegetable oil, water. Kimchi fried rice, or Kimchi Bokkeumbap, is a great way to use your kimchi and jazz up leftovers.