Recipe: Delectable Stir fried chicken with veggies served with jollof rice
Stir fried chicken with veggies served with jollof rice. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially For an extra special and authentic touch, serve jollof rice with fried plantains. Jollof rice is a spicy African rice dish that cooks in one pan, uses lots of veg and can be a veggie main or Fry the plantain for a few minutes on each side until golden and tender. Spoon the jollof rice onto warmed Garnish with the chopped coriander and serve with a green salad alongside.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Jollof Rice and fried chicken is just a classic. No wonder it's such a hit at African parties! Nowdays, you should can produce Stir fried chicken with veggies served with jollof rice using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir fried chicken with veggies served with jollof rice
- It’s of Chicken breast.
- Prepare of Carrots sliced.
- Prepare of Onions sliced.
- You need of Green pepper sliced.
- Prepare of Chopped parsley.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- You need 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need of Chopped hot peppers.
- It’s of Minced ginger and garlic.
- It’s of An.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
To make the meal even better, I served it with some coleslaw on the side. My mama said I should always serve meals with vegetables and I love obeying mama. So Jollof Rice with Fried Chicken and Coleslaw. Nigerian Jollof Rice or Jellof rice is a rich and incredibly tasty west African one-pot Meal.
Stir fried chicken with veggies served with jollof rice step by step
- Wash, drain and slice chicken breast. Season and allow to marinate for 30 minutes or more.
- Place your pot or pan on heat the add ginger and garlic. Fried until golden brown.
- Add pepper and stir. Then add carrots and keep stirring gently.
- Add minced meat, seasonings,spices and stir. Allow to simmer for 3mins or until tender.
- Then add parsley,green pepper and turn of the heat to allow veggies to simmer not cook..
- Serve as desired..
Make sure you stir the Rice properly until you cover each grain of Rice with the sauce. We usually serve Jollof with Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Goat Meat or Fish, and sometimes with a. Served with a simple homemade honey ginger soy stir fry sauce. Today I'm being a vegetarian with this Honey Ginger Tofu and Veggie Stir Fry and HELLO WORLD it tastes really superyummy. This dish is a vegetarian wonder.