Recipe: Appetizing Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice
Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice. Dried shrimp are shrimp that have been sun-dried and shrunk to a thumbnail size. They are used in many East Asian, Southeast Asian and South Asian cuisines, imparting a unique umami taste. A handful of shrimp is generally used for dishes.
You can substitute with dry sherry for Japanese cooking sake. Anchovy Fried Rice Sun dried shrimp Asian food Asian Shrimp Fried Rice Asian Raw Fish Sushi Dinner w/ Shrimp Tuna Salmon Asian food: rice noodles with shrimp and vegetables vertical Closeup of Asian Shrimp Salad Plate Asian shrimp and spinach soup Asian Style Shrimp Egg Roll. Leftover rice, which is slightly dried out, works best for this shrimp fried rice recipe that you'll soon be making all the time. Nowdays, you should can make Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how the way you make that.
Ingredients of Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice
- You need 400 gr of cooked rice, put in the fridge at least for 1 hour.
- You need 3 of small shallots, minced.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 of lemon grass, white parts, thinly sliced (optional).
- It’s 2 of green onion, separate the white and green part, thinly sliced.
- You need 5 of eye bird chili/Thai chili/jalapeno (omit if do not like spicy), thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of dried shrimp/anchovy, chopped (can use anchovy paste or anchovy from a can).
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare as needed of ground white/black pepper,.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten with 1/8 tsp salt.
- You need of Accompaniments (optional) :.
- It’s of Lettuce.
- It’s of Cucumber.
- It’s of Roasted duck (left over from dinner).
If you forget to thaw the shrimp in the morning, set the bag in a large bowl filled with cold water. Shrimp Fried Rice – Why order take-out? This homemade version is so much healthier, cheaper and tastes a million times better! One of the famous fried rices in Malaysia.
Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice instructions
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok..
- Saute the shallots, garlic, lemon grass, green onion (white part) and chili until translucent. Add in the dried shrimp/anchovy. Stir for a minute..
- Add the rice, and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes. If the rice was made fresh, cooking time will be faster. Just make sure that the rice isn't too wet, which will make frying it difficult. Sprinkle salt, sugar and ground pepper. Mix it well..
- Push the rice aside of the wok. Add 1 tbs oil in the wok. Pour the beaten eggs. Quickly scramble the eggs, then gather all of the rice into the middle of the wok..
- Mix thoroughly for another minute or two and give it a taste. Add more seasoning if needed. Sprinkle with green onion (the green part). Mix it..
- Transfer to a plate and put the accompaniments on the side. Enjoy!!.
Spicy and uses anchovies in it. In a mortar, pound the shallots, garlic, dry shrimps, dry anchovies and chillies into a paste. You can also use a blender or food processor. This shrimp fried rice recipe from Delish.com is a major weeknight win. Remove shrimp and vegetables from skillet and wipe out pan.