Recipe: Delicious Punjabi kadhi
Punjabi kadhi. Punjabi kadhi recipe With step by step photos – this is my mother in law's recipe of making traditional Punjabi kadhi with pakoras. She has been making this delicious kadhi since ages. Punjabi Kadhi Pakora is one of the most popular North Indian dishes!
Serving suggestions: Serve this punjabi kadhi pakora with basmati rice or jeera rice and salad or papad on side. This delicacy is often made in north Indian households. How to make Punjabi Kadhi Pakora Dhaba Style – Kadhi Pakora is a punjabi delicacy made very often in northern households. Nowdays, you should can prepare Punjabi kadhi using 25 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how the way you prepare it.
Ingredients of Punjabi kadhi
- Prepare of For pakora.
- It’s 1 cup of Gram flour /besan.
- You need 1/2 cup of Onion diced.
- It’s 1 pinch of Ajwain/carom seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of Baking powder.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Oil.
- It’s 2 of Chopped green chillies -.
- It’s of For kadhi.
- Prepare 1 cup of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Gram flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 2 of Dried red chilli.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 pinch of Fenugreek /methi seeds.
- You need 1 pinch of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 pinch of Asafoetida /hing.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger,garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garam masala powder.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
Made with yougurt, fenugreek seeds and chickpea. Punjabi Kadhi Pakora dish is quite richly flavored with an assortment of spices ranging from cloves and cinnamon to fenugreek and coriander seeds. The pakoras are an added attraction that make the. One such curry is Punjabi Kadhi, which is thicker and creamier than the other versions of kadhi.
Punjabi kadhi instructions
- Take a bowl mix all the pakora ingredients except oil..
- .To make a smooth paste with help of half cup of water..
- Heat enough oil in a kadai and pour one tbsp besan pakora batter in the hot oil..
- Deep fry all the pakora in hot oil until golden in colour..
- Simmer after we dropped all the pakora and cook in medium flame until done..
- Now pakora is ready..
- For kadhi we add gram flour,buttermilk,turmeric powder,red chilli powder,coriander powder and water and mix well..
- Heat oil in a kadai.Add dried red chilli,asafoetida,cumin seeds,mustard seeds and fenugreek/methi seeds to crackle..
- Add ginger,garlic paste and stir fry for few seconds..
- Add kadhi cook on medium flame till the gravy become thick..
- Cook for 7 – 8 mins.Kadhi is now ready add garam masala powder,salt and fried pakora to this kadhi..
- Heat oil in a pan tempered with whole red chilli,cumin seeds and,fenugreek seeds.
- Serve with steamed rice..
Like all the other varieties, Punjabi Kadhi is also prepared using thick sour curd and besan. The base of this Punjabi Kadhi is authentic, how my mum or mum-in-law would make at home in Northern States of India. CHECK OUT HERE⇐ for STOVE TOP PUNJABI KADHI RECIPE. Step by step recipe of Healthy Punjabi Kadhi with non-fried pakoras. punjabi kadhi recipe, how to make punjabi kadhi pakora, Punjabi Pakorewali Kadhi recipe. Punjabi Kadhi pakora is ready to be served.