The list of individual drugs that cause kidney damage is so long that it's hard to decide on the top ten. So I've chosen to list them by type of drug: antibiotic, analgesic, etc.
Top ten drugs that cause kidney damage:
1. Antibiotics, including ciprofloxacin, methicillin, vancomycin, sulfonamides.
2. Analgesics, including acetominophen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID): aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and others available only by prescription.
3. COX-2 inhibitors, including celecoxib (brand name Celebrex). Two drugs in this class have been withdrawn from the market because of cardiovascular toxicity: rofecoxib (brand name Vioxx), and valdecoxib (brand name Bextra). These drugs are a special class of NSAID that were developed to be safer for the stomach, but ciprofloxacin induced acquired long qt syndrome drugs have the same risk as other NSAIDs for kidney damage. See Ref. 3.
5. Antiviral drugs, including acyclovir (brand name Zovirax) used to treat herpes infection, and indinavir and tenofovir, both used to treat HIV.
6. High blood pressure drugs, including captopril (brand name Capoten).
7. Rheumatoid arthritis drugs, including infliximab (brand name Remicade); chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, which are used to treat malaria and systemic lupus erythematosus as well as rheumatoid arthritis.
8. Lithium, used to treat bipolar disorder.
9. Anticonvulsants, including phenytoin (brand name Dilantin) and trimethadione (brand name Tridione), used to treat seizures and other conditions.
10. Chemotherapy drugs, including interferons, pamidronate, cisplatin, carboplatin, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, quinine, mitomycin C, bevacizumab; and anti-thyroid drugs, including propylthiouracil, used to treat overactive thyroid.
For many prescription drugs, you can find the full prescribing information online. This information is typically 10 – 30 pages long, and includes detailed precautions, warnings, and adverse effects.
Natural Home Remedies for UTI Urinary Tract Infection Kaplet salut selaput ciprofloxacin for dogs CIPRODEX Otic Antibiotic Ear Drops m
Cipro - FDA prescribing information, side effects and uses
Abboticin, Abboticin ES Amdipharm - Felleskatalogen
Drug Profiles: Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs: NSAID s
Chartered Accountants B-BBEE Verification Agents
Kidney pain after stent removal - Urology - MedHelp
Tavolino Italian cuisine Restaurant Nicosia Cyprus
Dosage Calculations Quiz Oral Medications for Nursing
Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) for Food Poisoning - HealthyStock