Cipro (ciprofloxacin) is a good, cheap antibiotic that treats many types of bacterial infections, but it interacts with some food and drugs.
3.8/ 5 average rating with 755 reviewsforCipro
Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) is good for treating many bacterial infections and is available as a generic. However, you can be more likely to sunburn.
3.6/ 5 average rating with 473 reviewsforBactrim
- Cipro (ciprofloxacin) is available in generic.
- Cipro (ciprofloxacin) comes in different forms, including intravenous (IV) injection.
- Widely available as a generic product and in a variety of formulations (tablet, capsule, suspension).
- Works well to treat many types of bacterial infections
- Cipro (ciprofloxacin) should be used with caution if you have kidney problems.
- If you drink caffeine while on Cipro (ciprofloxacin), you may notice increased effects of the caffeine.
- Some bacteria have developed resistance to Cipro (ciprofloxacin).
- Cipro (ciprofloxacin) can interact with many other medications. Tell your doctor and pharmacist what medications, over-the-counter products, and supplements you are taking before starting Cipro (ciprofloxacin).
- Makes you sensitive to the sun.
- Can upset your stomach
- Drink plenty of water or fluids to avoid harming your kidneys
- May cause birth defects
- Extended release pill
No pricing information available
Want to save even more money?
Sign up now for a 30-day trial and save up to 95% at CVS, Kroger, Albertsons, and other pharmacies.
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Cipro (ciprofloxacin)?Leave a review
saidit'sa big hassle
Have you used Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim)?Leave a review
The Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim) FDA package insert doesn’t have numbers about how common side effects are.
Risks and risk factors
- People over age 60
- Taking steroid medicine
- Those with kidney, heart, or lung transplants
- Myasthenia gravis
Central nervous system effects
- Central nervous system disorders
Heart rhythm problems
- Use with other QT prolonging drugs
- History of heart disease
Harm to fetus
Lower kidney function
- Taking other medicines that lower kidney function
© 2017 Iodine Inc.
Cipro, Cipro XR (ciprofloxacin) dosing, indications, interactions Cipro and dairy Compare APO-Sulfatrim DS vs Cipro - Comprehensive Analysis by
Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim User Reviews for Urinary. - m
Apo-Sulfatrim - Uses, Side Effects, Interactions - m
Apo-Sulfatrim Advanced Patient Information - m
Compare Cipro vs Bactrim - m